Right now, the Transport Agency is planning an additional $6bn road crossing across the Waitemata, with the possible reintroduction of tolls to pay for it.
A road crossing has no business case and is likely to cause more congestion on Auckland’s roads, not less. Instead, an electrified rail crossing would offer more capacity for people, lower construction costs, lower carbon emissions and less pollution of our environment.
We are hosting a free public meeting so you can find out the latest and support our campaign. MC’d by Barb Cuthbert from Bike Auckland, speakers include:
- Cameron Pitches from Better Transport
- Patrick Reynolds from TransportBlog and Greater Auckland
- Chris Darby, North Shore Councillor
- Richard Hills, Kaipatiki Local Board Member
- To be followed by a question and answer panel discussion.
To be held:
- Thursday 15th September, 7:30pm
- Onewa Netball Centre
- 44 Northcote Road, Takapuna
All welcome. Enquiries to email@example.com